REIKO HIRATA // DESIGN + MOTION
A New Zealand company "Tokyo Club", which operates Japanese restaurants in Auckland reached out to me to create a logo for their new restaurant "Tokyo Bay".
Main concept for logo development based on the client's brief:
- Represent the atmosphere of the restaurant: modern/contemporary, casual-elegant, amusing, welcoming, inviting.
- Give a sense of high quality service: thoughtful, determined yet caring and friendly.
- Give the authentic “Japanese” feel.
- Visually looks strong, dynamic with a bold presence.
- Logo must be accompanied by client's company logo (a red logo resembles a stamp, "Tokyo Club" written in Japanese).
- Signage (An exterior lit sign at the front of the building) will be in a space of 2000mm(l) x 800mm(h).
MOOD BOARD & PROPOSAL
Proposal 01 - BRUSH STROKE
"Traditional yet modern" approach
Proposal 02 - URBAN
"Contemporary & Stylish" approach
Ironically, the client liked how their logo (Tokyo Club) and the company name were put on the cover page of the proposal, and they requested simply to modify this to deliver the final logo.